Not Quite a Minimalist
For some reason, minimalism has completely caught my attention lately.
I've been reading the books, listening to the podcasts, and decluttering like mad. What started as a bit of curiosity has quickly turned into me questioning why I own half the things I do.
I'm not becoming a minimalist overnight, nor do I have any intention of fitting everything I own into a backpack. But I am interested in the idea of living with less and being more intentional about what I bring into my life.
Of course, my house is far from minimalist. There are picture books stacked haphazardly in the bookshelf, a yoga mat resting against it, toys scattered across the floor, and a half-completed puzzle sitting on the coffee table.
What I've realised is that a lot of what I own doesn't actually add much to my life. It just takes up space. Every cupboard I've cleaned out leaves me wondering why I held onto things for so long. I've donated most of what I've decluttered, and there's something satisfying about knowing those items might end up with someone who genuinely needs or appreciates them.
The best part has been how freeing it feels. Not because my home suddenly looks perfect, but because there's less to organise, less to clean, and less clutter competing for my attention.
I'm sure I'll keep far more than a true minimalist would approve of, but that's not really the point. I'm not trying to own as little as possible. I'm just trying to be more thoughtful about what I keep and what I bring into my home.
We'll see how long this phase lasts, but for now, I'm enjoying it.
Comments
Post a Comment